We are hiring a Scientific Consultant. You will support our R&D efforts in delivering new products and services for our electron scattering calculations research as well as work on commercial research projects.
We are a London-based company, and the role will be predominantly work-from-home based within the UK. Some in-person meetings and office-based coworking are to be expected (Up to 1-2 times a week). Furthermore, some national and international travel is to be expected.
Your core responsibility will be
- To calculate electron scattering cross sections.
- use our R-matrix-based software package Quantemol-EC
- support existing customers in their analysis of quantum chemistry challenges using our software
- work on the new software features development
- perform bug fixing and preparation of software releases
- implement automated testing routines where possible
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to utilise their technical background in commercial settings and who can thrive in a mixed academic and industrial environment.
You will be collaborating with a wide range of expert-level researchers from around the globe, and have the opportunity to travel and present at events where the latest innovations in plasma science are showcased.
Quantemol is a scientific software and consultancy company with an international customer base and a small friendly team of experts based in the UK. We are providing plasma modelling solutions to the semiconductor industry and others. Our products are highly advanced and the results of your work have a real impact. We are facilitating innovation which can change the world. Join us on this journey!
For this role, you will have or be about to obtain a PhD in an appropriate field such as:
- Molecular/atomic physics and quantum optics
- Quantum chemistry/quantum molecular dynamics
- Computational chemistry
Please send us your CV with the cover letter to email@example.com.
If you have any questions feel free to email the same address as above.
We look forward to hearing from you.