We are hiring a Project Manager
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a scientist looking to move into a business role to join Quantemol and provide efficient project management support to our research projects.
Reporting to the CEO directly, you will be responsible for planning and executing effective and comprehensive project management services for several customer-related research projects.
- Understand the technical essence of the projects under your responsibility.
- Participate in project planning together with the research team, where you identify key deliverables and milestones in each project.
- Track progress by keeping project plan documents up to date (internal and customer versions)
- Present project progress to different audiences
- Identify and flag any issues and delays during the project, looking for ways to mitigate the impact.
- Liaise with the researchers’ team, CEO and the customer, and follow up on agreements reached during the meetings.
- Organise bi-weekly progress meetings with the team and prepare all associated reporting.
- Organise monthly customer meetings and prepare all associated reporting.
- Organise on-site visits to the customers.
To be considered for the Project Manager role, you will need the following:
- Relevant degree in Physics, a background in plasma physics is a plus
- Some experience in project management and great attention to detail
- Strong communication skills and capacity for self-discipline
- Ability to present complex information clearly to diverse audiences
- Experience working on a project with a team, preferably in research settings
- Willingness and ability to travel (within the UK, EU, US, Korea and Japan)
Quantemol is a scientific software and consultancy company with an international customer base and a small friendly team based in the UK. We are providing plasma modelling solutions to the semiconductor industry and others. Our products are complicated, but our customers are lovely. We are encouraging innovation which can change the world.
Join us on this journey!